Introduction sectionBTP Italia
BTPs Italia are the first Italian government securities indexed to the Italian inflation rate, issued for the first time in 2012, and conceived principally to meet the needs of retail investors.
- Maturity: 4, 6 and 8 years
- Guaranteed minimum annual real coupon rate
- Semi-annual coupon computed on the principal revalued (in case of deflation, the coupon are computed on the nominal principal)
- Immediate recovery of inflation as the payment of the principal revaluation takes place every six months
- Principal redemption at par, even in case of deflation (deflation floor)
- Bonus payment for retail investors that purchase the BTPs Italia at issuance - during the First Phase of the placement period - and hold them until maturity.
For more information on BTP Italia or on other government bonds: firstname.lastname@example.org