Head of Department
Tel. +39 06 4761-7993-7994
The Director General of the Treasury from 2 August 2018 is Alessandro Rivera.
The Director General of the Treasury is the Head of the Department and, in the Ministry of Economy and Finance, is responsible for key processes supporting the elaboration and implementation of the Government's economic and financial policy choices, both in national and international scope.
The Director General of the Treasury avails of VIII Departments and in particular coordinates, manages and supervises the various Directorates in which the Treasury Department is divided, thus assuring:
- the realization of macroeconomic analysis to support the planning and development of the budget and the preparation of the Treasury’s planning documents;
- the management of the public debt at both the national and international level;
- the development of the international economic and financial relations;
- the fulfilment of the tasks involved in high-level surveillance of the credit and financial sector;
- the coordination of the activities to combat the financing of terrorism and money laundering;
- the management of state-owned enterprises (SOEs);
- the coordination of the financial measures in favour of productive activities and public entities;
- the monitoring and the value enhancement of public assets.
Among his other official duties, the Director General of the Treasury is the chairman of the Italian Financial Security Committee and is the secretary of both the CICR (Interministerial Committee for the Credit and the Savings) and the Financial Stability Committee.