Introduction section Directorate I - Economic-Financial Analysis and Research
Directorate I - Economic-Financial Analysis and Research
Directorate I is organised into specific management offices and performs the following functions:
- preparing and coordinating economic-financial documents and official macroeconomic forecasts;
- researching and analysing the economic, monetary and financial situation and framework, both in Italy and internationally;
- developing and managing models in order to predict, assess and monitor economic policies and structural reforms;
- analysing structural reforms, preparing the national reform programme in coordination with the other ministries; responsibility for the Economic Imbalance Procedure (MIP) of the European Commission;
- analysing and developing equitable and sustainable well-being indicators (“BES”) and preparing the relative policy documents;
- economic analysis of public finance performance and aspects of fiscal and economic governance;
- relations with EU institutions and with international bodies falling within its responsibility.
See here the list of the Directorate I Offices.